Our world is facing a plastic crisis – by 2050, there may be more plastic than fish in the ocean. Adopting a circular economy is the best way forward, and businesses are at the forefront of the solution. Yet businesses cannot meet their circular economy or materials reduction goals for plastic without addressing the issue at the source, starting with the supply chain.
Join industry leaders from WWF, Unilever, SupplyShift, and the Ellen MacArthur Foundation as they discuss ideas on how to advance a circular economy for plastic, including what challenges businesses are facing, why collaborating with suppliers is key to creating meaningful impact, and how innovative technology tools can fuel the New Plastics Economy ambition.
- Sander Defruyt, Lead, the New Plastics Economy initiative, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Sheila Bonini, Senior Vice President for Private Sector Engagement, WWF
- Marika Lindstrom, Vice President, Packaging Procurement, Unilever
- Jamie Barsimantov, COO, SupplyShift
- Moderator: Erin Hiatt, Vice President, CSR, Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA)