Are you an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer who cares about making a difference in the world, and is excited to make an impact at a growing SaaS company? Join us at SupplyShift. We’re a thriving SaaS enterprise software platform that creates new levels of visibility in global supply chains by advancing their impact through actionable data. We work to make a difference in this exciting arena of global corporate social responsibility.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will report to and work closely with the VP of Engineering. The person in this role should thrive in a high-performance, entrepreneurial environment, work well as part of a dynamic cross-functional team.
- Develop and implement robust DevSecOps practices, including CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, and monitoring.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize security requirements and integrate them into the development lifecycle.
- Implement and manage infrastructure as code (IaC) using tools like Terraform, CloudFormation.
- Deploy and maintain containerized applications using orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm.
- Monitor and respond to security threats, vulnerabilities, and incidents by implementing security best practices and tools.
- Design and maintain secure cloud infrastructure using AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Develop and maintain security policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Provide training and guidance to development and operations teams on secure coding practices and DevSecOps principles.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of new security tools and technologies.
- Continuously research and stay up-to-date with the latest security trends, vulnerabilities, and best practices.
We are looking for people who have/are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps, Security, or DevSecOps role.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps practices and tools, such as Jenkins, Git, and Ansible.
- Proficient in at least one programming or scripting language (e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, or Shell).
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture and security principles on AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Knowledge of security frameworks, standards, and best practices, such as OWASP Top Ten, NIST, and GDPR.
- Familiarity with security tools, such as vulnerability scanners, intrusion detection systems, and SIEM solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Located in the US-EST or European time zone.
Why SupplyShift? Awesome Community, Perks & Benefits
We do this to make the world better. We help companies ensure that their suppliers are responsible, and as a result, we improve the supply chain environmental and social responsibility. We work on projects ranging from ensuring that paper supplied to Fortune 500 companies does not result in tropical deforestation to improving livelihoods for thousands of Rwanda smallholder female coffee farmers. We are an adaptable, dedicated team from all walks of life. In addition to that value-oriented mindset, we also offer the following:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision & HSA
- Mental Health Days – Quarterly to put yourself first
- Unlimited PTO
- Complete laptop workstation
- Remote Social Activities
- Monthly Wellness activities
- Employee Recognition Options Daily
- True “Open Door” Policy
We have employees from all over the world that helped foster an inclusive remote work culture. Together, we’ve been building the operations, processes and supporting structures that ensure our remote teams are empowered to thrive in the same collaborative and visible team environments as our physical office location. SupplyShift is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabilities/LGBTQ+ employer.
In the spirit of salary transparency, the Annual wage range for this role is $96,630- $123,440 USD.